In the process of using Roots fan, due to various reasons, the vibration of Roots fan will be aggravated, and later it will be damaged, and serious equipment accidents will be caused. The following briefly introduces the causes of Roots fan vibration.
(1) Design reasons: The design of Roots fans is generally designed according to the use environment, temperature, air volume, wind pressure, medium, etc. of some fans, and some companies have not selected models based on these factors, resulting in the following: Factors: improper fan design, poor dynamic characteristics, vibration during operation; irrational structure, stress concentration; design working speed close to or falling into the critical speed zone; inaccurate calculation of thermal expansion, resulting in poor thermal alignment.
(2) Manufacturing reasons: The fan manufacturer's quality requirements for the fan also affect the operation of the fan, such as: poor processing and manufacturing of parts and components, insufficient accuracy; poor component materials, insufficient strength, and manufacturing defects; the rotor dynamic balance does not meet technical requirements.
(3) Reasons for installation and maintenance: The installation accuracy requirements of Roots fans play a vital role in fan operation. If the installation accuracy does not meet the installation requirements, the Roots fans will play a destructive role. In the process of fan installation, there are the following influencing factors, such as: improper mechanical installation, misplaced parts, large preload; poor alignment of the shafting; improper adjustment of the machine's mating clearance, interference, and relative position; improper rotor placement for a long time , Changing the dynamic balance accuracy; failure to overhaul according to regulations, destroying the original nature and accuracy of the machine.
(4) Reasons for operation: During the use of Roots fans, the maintenance and maintenance of the fans play a decisive role in the quality of Roots fans. For example: the process parameters deviate from the design values, and the machine's operating conditions are abnormal; the machine runs at excessive speed and overload, which changes the working characteristics of the machine; poor lubrication or cooling; local damage or scaling of the rotor; Improper operation, uneven thermal expansion or excessive residence time in the critical zone.
(5) Causes of machine degradation: Generally, the equipment has a certain period of time when used, and the performance of the equipment will deteriorate when it reaches a certain number of years. The same is true for Roots fans. For a long period of operation, the rotor deflection increases or the dynamic balance deteriorates; the rotor is locally damaged, detached, or cracked; parts are worn, pitted, or corroded; the mating surface is deteriorated by force, resulting in insufficient interference Or loose, etc., destroying the nature and accuracy of the fit; the machine foundation settles unevenly, and the machine casing deforms.
Roots fans have various vibration failure modes and they are all different. This requires us to find specific reasons to solve them to ensure the normal operation of Roots fans.